Saturday, April 19, 2014

Dragon Age: Origins: Journal

I'll be starting a journal of my adventures as I play Dragon Age: Origins. I'd have tried to do this as a Let's Play, but for some reason I'm having technical difficulties. So here's a journal, from my character's perspective of course.

Dragon Age: Journal

Day 1

I wake up to Shianni, my sister, the smell of celebratory wine escapes her lips. She tells me my betrothed has finally come to my home. an Arranged Marriage, yes, but i do not fear my father's judgement. If the Maker were charitable they would have made me a man, but tradition and honor i follow, without complaint. I pray my mother looks down with a smile. I wished I could have fallen in her foot steps, become a warrior. I have the skill, but my place is not my choice, but the Maker's.


My cousin, Soris, and I have been agreed to a double marriage, my partner, Nelaros, is not ugly, to say the least, and he seems good in heart and mind. Perhaps we will travel enough that I will be content with a child or two. The idea does not disappoint me. 


a drunken human bothered my friends and family. Unfortunately the situation could not turn away peacefully. Shianni smashed a bottle over his head. Let us pray this does not lead to more problems.


another human, this one named Duncan, has shown up. He seems to know my father, which means he is a friend. It is good to know not all humans are like that drunk. He works for the Greywardens, an elite group of guards, he seems to have some private business but i trust my father's choice in friends. 


my wedding day is now at hand. I pray to the Maker for a happy marriage and a loving family. Sadly, this does not look the case. The Drunken human has returned, this time with guards. He wants us women to "entertain" him and his friends at a party. I try to calm the situation, tried to sacrifice my dignity for theirs, but it was no use, they take me with them, unconscious.


I awaken, surrounded by fellow elven girls, Shianni is one of them, as is my cousin's betrothed. They are worried, for good reason. A group of guards show up, when one girl questioned them, they struck her down with a blade to the neck. She is dead. The rest are taken. When two soldiers came for me, Soris shows up, throwing me a sword to use. He is smart, I am a better fighter than him, and it is I that they want.

We cut down our way through the guards, taking what we need to ensure the guards don't have anything we can't use against them. My betrothed was taken as well it seemed, he sadly was not as fortunate as I was with Soris's help, he dies in front of me. I take his wedding Ring, as a reminder of what was lost today. When we make it to the girls, my actions are made known by the blood and my weapons. 

The human behind this, the drunk, offers me a choice. He will give me money, and let me leave, and he will not let anyone hear of this, but only if i leave home. If I deny this offer of peace, he will probably die by my blade, but his father will also most likely try to seek vengeance. But if I agree, the girls will be taken advantage of. 

Their lives are not in danger, but their dignity is. Perhaps I could have let them endure this trouble, had Shianni not been in the room. But with her in my mind, I could not, in good conscience, let her be sullied by this oaf. I pray my actions will not endanger the life of my father.


A guard from the human region comes to find the perpetrator. I admit my actions, accepting blame and I leave Soris out of it. It was my hand that challenged the human, and took his life. My sacrifice is taken with good feelings by the Maker and my mother. the guard promises my family will not be hurt, but it seems Duncan is impressed with my skill as a warrior. he tells the guards that he will take me under his charge, so they depart. He gives me tonight to say my goodbyes. It is all I ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment