Sunday, January 19, 2014

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Episode 11

Ok people, I'm back, and I have unlimited internet again, which means i don't need to wait until 2am to watch a movie and review it. Sadly because I had to watch it online and I can't get access to the twelfth, I will be a sitting duck for the 13th this week. Ah number 13, you have scorned me again. But let's discuss this episode for now, since I have 2 old movies to re-write a review for and the newest episode of Once Upon a Time to watch. No, sorry, I won't be reviewing Once Upon a Time: 1. because really, i never read the original source material for all the fables they use, and 2. The show is in its 3rd season and i don't plan on doing a recap of 2 whole seasons first, especially since the show is so complex.

Now, the new(er newer) episode. This is a GREAT episode. we have character growth for everyone (not so much Simmons or Fitz, but the mystery behind their growth is enough that I count it. I'm really interested in what is going to happen with Fitz since he's gotten so serious). Melinda has showed that she acknowledges Skye's usefulness and I think accepts her as one of the team, everyone has done their part to go against Agent Hand's orders of focusing on Centipede first and Coulson second.

Agent Ward still hasn't gotten much in terms of growth, but i don't think it really matters by now. He's sort of been established as who he is and I'm pleased with where he stands. He's loosened, learned to rely on others more, and the chemistry between him and May is intriguing and makes me want to know more about where it's going to go.

But this episode really shines with Skye, who is sent rouge by Melinda and she successfully tracks down Coulson pretty much by herself. She even proves she can take care of herself when things go south and they even go in her favor.

I'm not going to drone on about what she does since you should just watch the episode, but let's just say, you know how spies and detectives are portrayed like they apparently are super creative and intelligent, when really they just get played against idiots and get really lucky? Well, maybe it's because we've spent so long watching her grow as a person, but Skye has kicked all of them to the curb and demonstrated just how good an agent she really is.

And she is rewarded with her security access bracelet removed and has been turned back into a member of the team again.

Oh, and we don't exactly learn WHAT SHIELD did to Coulson, but we did find out that it was incredibly painful and unethical and that Coulson never went to tahiti.

up next, re-writes

No comments:

Post a Comment